"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them."
-Eyore from Winnie the Poo
The other day we were at Hen House. There was a bucket of roses with a sign saying to take only one per customer. Mom said the reason they were giving them away was because they weren't perfect. I thought they were still beautiful, though. My new analogy goes like this: roses are to ripped petals as people are to appearance flaws. You can be pretty without being perfect. Though the rose population is probably far more likely to have perfectly populated than the human, now I am going to look at myself in a whole new way: even if I have a big pimple or a bad haircut, I'll think to myself "I am a rose. I'm pretty even if I'm not perfect." Now I have a challenge for you, whoever reads this, when you find something you don't like about yourself find a way to make it not so bad.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Roses of my Body
Posted by willa bean at 6:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment